[CentOS] Re: DRBD 8.2 crashes CentOS 5.2 on rsync from remote host

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sun Aug 17 22:10:16 UTC 2008

on 8-14-2008 12:55 AM Chris Miller spake the following:
> nate wrote:
>> Chris Miller wrote:
>>> I've got a pair of HA servers I'm trying to get into production.
>>> Here are some specs :
>> [..]
>>> [root at haws1 ~]# BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at
>>> virtual address c
>> This typically means bad RAM
> While I won't rule this out, my local hardware vendor does a 48 hour
> burn-in including a full gamut of tests (including memory) before
> handing over the servers. These servers are less than two weeks old...
> Seems like this is a common type of error in some situations. I tried to
> boot in kexec/kdump mode (CentOS 5 replacement for diskdumputils), but
> the e1000 driver isn't seeing the NICs after a reboot via the "capture
> kernel", so I can't replicate the (rsync induced) problem and perform
> kernel debugging. I'll explore this more tomorrow.
> Chris
When the servers are shipped to you, do you open them and make sure all
modules are seated completely, and haven't been dislodged by the shipping?

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!