[CentOS] Is there a way to save the routing table permanently?

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 22 14:01:57 UTC 2008

Rob Townley napsal(a):
> Are you sure this is actually processed?  Do you have a working example for
> CentOS 4.x or 5.x?  One that works with two NICS that would use two
> different gateways to the internet?  I would like nothing more to get this
> to work in a streamlined fashion.
> i didn't have success with the /etc/sysconfig/static-routes  file, but maybe
> i didn't specify the routes using the correct syntax?

I use on one of my routers in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes:
any net netmask gw
any net netmask gw

Running C4.6, route:
[root at arakis ~]# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface U     0      0        0 eth0   U     0      0        0 eth1   UG    0      0        0 eth1   UG    0      0        0 eth1         UG    0      0        0 eth0

David Hrbáč