[CentOS] Help me

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Aug 26 09:22:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 13:39 +0530, Sadaruwan Samaraweera wrote:
> Hi,
>  I think you need to get the proper device drivers not the generic
> ones that comes with the CentOS. Try updating your drivers or
> sometimes when you install a vendor driver or any other driver after a
> kernel update or a full system update you've to reinstall the drivers,
> It can recompile tt self to mach the new kernel. So try updating or
> getting a new driver from the vendor.

Without more information on the specific issue, the advice you just gave
regarding using vendor drivers can be extraordinarily dangerous.  I
would recommend:

1. OP giving more info (like, for example, specifics on the problem, hw
config, etc...)
2. Patching CentOS

before offering any solutions that can lead one down a painful path...
as an example, many vendors defer to the network drivers offered in the
kernel and have deprecated their own.  Nvidia, for one, comes to mind...

	-I