[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 29 10:20:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 17:27 -0700, Bill Campbell wrote:
> <snip>

> I still have a Tandy 4000, 386-16 no cache, that is used occassionally to
> program EPROMS.  This same machine ran Xenix for years before being abused
> by installing DR-DOS on it.

For shame, for shame! You should have known better! ;-)

Regardless, I was getting readdy to discard these when I saw your post.
If you need some spares, I've got 1 each 360KB and 1.2MB 5.25" floppy
drives that still worked last I used them. One might have come out of a
TRS-80 I had when they were a "hot" item - I'm not sure. Also a box full
of media for them (a couple hundred?) untested but some may still work.

Let me know. I really hate throwing away something, that's still
perfectly useful, just because the world has passed it by. Hmm ... might
be something empathetic in that.

--
Bill (the other one)!