[CentOS] Questions on cpu frequency scaling AMD vs. Intel

Sun Aug 3 19:22:50 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote on Sun, 03 Aug 2008 17:59:49 +0200:

> 5 minutes later: oh, yes, it does! Now I got it to 0% idle and current
> frequency jumped to 2333000 (although current scaling frequency was still
> shown at 2000000, on AMDs both figures rise).Looks like a clear bug in the
> centrino kernel module to me. It scales only up if the overall threshold
> is reached

Setting the threshold in sysconfig/cpuspeed from 80 to 50 down makes it work,
e.g. a single gzip task filling one CPU will be able to scale the frequency
up.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany