[CentOS] Mount a Xen disk image file

Fri Aug 8 05:13:01 UTC 2008
Dirk H. Schulz <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>

Hi Kai,

--On 7. August 2008 20:31:22 +0200 Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>
wrote:

> Dirk H. Schulz wrote on Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:46:47 +0200:
>
>> Do you have any other idea?
>
> Do you want to regularly access it that way or do you just need to access
> the files onetime?
> I do not like this xvda stuff at all. So I created a basic setup with
> virt-install

You are talking about a basic vm installation to a partition instead of an
image file?

> and copied all content off (I don't know what I used, I
> assume cp or rsync or so). I used these files for a new VM based on ext3
> formatted disks (you can either use files or LV). Can be done within 15
> minutes or so. I tweaked that a bit to my liking and now use it as a
> template for new VMs. As the disks are ext3 I can now easily access the
> drives by mounting that LV.

I should have done that. I always did it when I compiled xen on my own
using Debian. Now I tried to use the easy way the RedHat tools suggest, but
more and more I come to regret it. If they work at all you one way or the
other do not like the outcome.

Dirk