[CentOS] Mount a Xen disk image file

Fri Aug 8 08:31:18 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Dirk H. Schulz wrote on Fri, 08 Aug 2008 07:13:01 +0200:

> You are talking about a basic vm installation to a partition instead of an
> image file?

That doesn't make a difference. Whether you virt-install to file or partition
you end up with xvda'd disks.

> If they work at all you one way or the
> other do not like the outcome.

Well, they do work quite well. I did a lot of installs with virt-install and
kickstart. A pleasure. If you don't mind ending up with xvda it's a good way.
Depends on your needs. I need customized installations for webhosting that
have quite a few additional programs installed and preconfigured and going
with template disks is the much easier way then. And then it pays to be able
to access the disks anytime with a simple mount.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany