[CentOS] Re: centos on intel D945GCLF board

Tue Aug 19 19:20:05 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 8-19-2008 10:42 AM � spake the following:
> I don't have fedora installed on the machine any more. But if i
> understand correctly, if compiling the driver doesn't work, i can copy
> the module from a fedora machine and replace the current one?

Not necessarily. It might load, but would probably taint the kernel. More than
likely it would just bomb with complaints about undefined symbols or other
kernel errors. Fedora 9 kernel is way past even Centos 5 kernel, and compiling
the new source against the CentOS kernel would be your best bet. If you want
to keep it working between kernel upgrades, you might need to learn to use
either weak-updates or make a DKMS package for the driver.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and