[CentOS] qt3.3 is default in environment, I want it to be qt4

Wed Aug 20 22:13:31 UTC 2008
Toshaan Bharvani <toshaan at hotmail.com>

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I guess my question is
>
> 1. is 3.3 preferred for some reason by the Centos framework?  If a
> program looks for "qt-mt.pc", does that mean it wishes to use qt3.3
> rather than qt4?

what program are we talking about?
> 2. aside from just hand editing that file and changing the prefix to
> /usr/lib/qt4, how do I change the preferred QT.  The qt4-devel package
> gives its own set of pc files, but I can't tell how they can be used
> in the environment..

add the following lines to .bash_profile in your home directory (or
lib64 for 64bit), should make qt4 default for that user
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
export QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++/
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:{QTDIR}/bin

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx