[CentOS] (Global/Any) setting for "show hidden files?" - SOLVED

Tue Aug 26 19:31:49 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> MHR wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> by changing the Subject line, and not retaining the reply-to context in
>>> the
>>> mailheaders, you end up creating a new thread each time. so can you not
>>> do
>>> that please ?
>>>

>> Hmm - I did that on purpose because (I thought) I had been soundly
>> thrashed in prior efforts for not doing that.
>>
>> So, to clarify:  when an issue is solved, modify the subject: line so
>> to indicate and do NOT start a new thread?
>>
>> Foo - I thought I had it right this time....
>
> I, for one, dont think its worth wasting time with the SOLVED word in the
> subject lines. noone searches through achieves with the word 'SOLVED' in
> there.

I did that, a few days ago, but if it starts a new thread, I'll try to
remember not to do that.

> But, whatever people do - thread sanity is way more important than changing
> subject lines. people looking for info on a topic almost always follow
> threads.

Amen. Another thing I learned about, after someone on the list
explained that it was happening, is that when using Gmail on the web,
it apparently defaults to sending HTML, which *never* is something I
want to do. I try to remember to click on "Rich Formatting" and then
"Plain Text", to be sure that I am sending Text and not HTML.