[CentOS] [OT] Firefox loses plugins, anyone else? Bug? Known?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sun Dec 7 20:20:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 08:42 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> <snip>

> I ran an rpm --verify, as root. I didn't see anything that _I_ could
> relate to the problem, but my insight is limited here. I do note that
> some errors have crept in over time that I will now need to pursue.

Started checking some of the rpm --verify errors. Google returned a link
that mentioned libgtkembedmoz.so in relation to an xulrunner error when
trying to prelink. Discovered this. Big size and date difference.

# locate libgtkembedmoz

# ls -l `locate libgtkembedmoz`
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  97612 May 24
2008 /usr/lib/esc-1.0.0/xulrunner/libgtkembedmoz.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 121172 Nov 20
09:12 /usr/lib/thunderbird-

Since ATM I don't know what these libraries do, I wondered if it might
be related to the problem.

# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/esc-1.0.0/xulrunner/libgtkembedmoz.so
# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/thunderbird-

I didn't want to re-install xulrunner just to fix the prelink as it
would muddy the waters.

# rpm -q --whatrequires xulrunner