[CentOS] Web Filter

Fri Dec 5 21:59:27 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>> I've also been using Untangle (untangle.com) and just love it.

This machine is nearly stock with all the nat/firewall done in a simple
hand written script, it also serves as an Asterisk PBX so I couldnt use
an appliance.

>I'm not sure if the latest has all the features OP is seeking, but I've
>been using IPCop for ages with NP (which means I've not really visited
>the site and browsed as I should).

I suppose but the firewall is adequate. I figure its a toss between DG or
squid/squidproxy and it looks like the later would do what I need at another
location with a bigger AD infrastructure much easier so I might be inclined to
to give it a whirl. Hopefully rpm's exists for squid somewhere...

Thanks for all the suggestions!
jlc