[CentOS] --=Getting OTer by the sec=-- Web Filter

Sun Dec 7 17:15:14 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 12-5-2008 2:15 PM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Andrew Hull <list-lr4zqxr38cVWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> I've never used IPCop (opting for m0n0wall instead), but I was under the
>> impression that IPCop lacked any content filtering features requested by
>> the OP.
>>
>> A quick perusing of the website leads me to believe its trying to be a
>> kick-ass beige-box firewall/router (and most-likely succeeding), but it
>> seems like a content filter it is not. Did I miss some glaring features?
>
> I use IPCop for our Firewall/Router at home, but there are people on
> this list (Scott, etc.) who use it in the Enterprise. If you check out
> the IPCop web site <http://www.ipcop.org>  possibly you will find
> there is an Add On available that will do what you need to do.

There are several good addons for ipcop, and I do use it in the enterprise,
but if you want something CentOS based, Clarkconnect is just as good. I think
it is CentOS 4 based currently and it has a decent content filter and also
scans for viruses.  The only reason I don't use it in the enterprise was the
poor reliability if its Ipsec tunnels that I also need running on the same boxes.
--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and