[CentOS] Problem after power failure: no more sound in Flash

Tue Dec 9 12:00:17 UTC 2008
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

> Power failures are funny (NOT!) things. Did you open the alsa mixer

> (right click the speaker icon) and see if one of the channels got muted?
> Maybe that's all it is. Are you able to play other sounds (like .wav
> files) using some of the utilities or hear sounds with other utilities?
>
> What about possible corruption? Have you done an rpm --verify to see if
> something got corrupted or removed?
>
> Sometimes power failures are associated with a surge or spike. First
> step is to make sure the hardware is still good using some other utility
> to test it, like I mention above.

Or, like it happens to me many times after a firefox crash or a reboot by example,  some previous updates are finaly taken into account upon restart, with a few surprises...
If you can hear sound in other applications, maybe try to remove the .macromedia and/or .adobe/Flash_Player directories...?

JD