[CentOS] vim helpfile tag issues

Wed Dec 17 04:08:29 UTC 2008
Spiro Harvey <spiro at knossos.net.nz>

> I think this is normal behaviour for 'vi' as it does not support
> gzipped help pages. Seems the case for RHEL too, so it is not
> specific to CentOS. You might want to to check the same on Fedora
> too ?

yes, it seems you're right.. I just figured that out in another post
coming the list's way. :)

and under Fedora as root, it exhibits exactly the same behaviour.

I'm still curious about the discrepencies in the version numbers, does
yours come up with conflicting numbers on the splash screen?

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz