[CentOS] OT: (a) Biostar or MSI mainboard? (b) all Celeron CPU's OK?

Sun Dec 28 21:06:49 UTC 2008
Tosh <toshlinux at gmail.com>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 9:53 PM, John R Pierce<pierce at hogranch.com>  wrote:
> <snip>
> they use Proprietary cases, motherboards and PSUs. After the quote of about
> USD$238 for a new motherboard, I think I have lost a lot of enthusiasm
> for Dell. I'm sure others (HP for example) would charge the same, for
> Proprietary parts.
> <snip>
not realy, i have an intel mobo in a hp case (the old vectra series)
running strong for about 7 years now

>> consider getting a g33 based motherboard (intel dg33tl>or equivalent)>  with a low end core2 chip such as the>e2200, along with 2x1GB ddr2 533
>> or whatever.     this would give you a system many>times faster than the
>
> When I take this box (hopefully on 5 or 6 January) for the man who
> repairs motherboards to inspect the motherboard and the PSU, I will
> ask about the difference in price, for a g33 board and low end Core2
> CPU. The Controller of the Currency in our house (my Wife) mentioned
> to me that we are not in very good shape, after all of the extra Xmas
> spending..... Your idea sounds excellent, if the $ is there....
for low budget look also at the BOXD945GCLF2 depending on where you live
it might be hard to get