[CentOS] yum cannot find bittorent rpm at dag

Mon Dec 29 20:36:39 UTC 2008
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Mon, December 29, 2008 13:44, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I am trying to get the x86_64 isos of CentOS-5.2. I wish to use
> bittorrent.  The last time that I did this I required the bittorent
> package from Dag's repository.  I have configured
> /etc/yum.repos.d/DagWieers.repo thus:

These suggestions are interesting but they do not address my question,
which is:  Why does yum not find bittorrent at Dag?

I was able to install bittorrent from Dag's repository using the gnome
graphical package installer so the package exists.   Yum finds the
repository for it obtains the package database from there.  So why does

yum --enablerepo=dag install bittorrent

report: package not found?

Canada  L8E 3C3