[CentOS] yum cannot find bittorent rpm at dag

Mon Dec 29 20:38:11 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 12:23 -0800, MHR wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:22 AM, William L. Maltby
> <snip>

> > Note that the "protect=0" is needed for priorities to work.
> >

> This is only true if you have both the yum-protectbase and
> yum-priorities plugins installed, in which case you should remove the
> protectbase plugin - it is recommended that you _not_ run both
> together.

Yeah, but I'm all for flexibility. I tested and found I could leave both
installed. I tested and found that just disabling protect and setting
priorities worked as I wanted.

So I ignored the "remove it" suggestions that abound and just disabled.
AFAICT, this is equivalent to "remove it" except that I can switch modes
more easily.

--
Bill