[CentOS] pvmove speed

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed Feb 13 20:29:19 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale

> >Don't know? Where are you pvmoving everything now?
>
> Where do I begin... Scenario is "No cash to do it right" so
> the interim step involves migration to a non fault tolerant
> setup temporarily. Server is a 1u HP and I don't have another
> controller that matches the remaining interface in that small server.

Ah, well you are using SAS drives, so there is some cash there...

Need to learn how to shake the money maker, it's the only way we
can get our jobs done these days. Tell management that there
is no more room to get projects X or Y done because they need to
invest in upgrading storage, or if it's for fault tolerance tell
them what the worse case scenario will be. That usually gets them
to find that extra $$ to make it happen.

What industry do you work in?

> If I continue to explain all that I have to do, you'll likely
> not be impressed. Sigh, I can only do what I can!

That's not true! I'm unimpressed now ;-)

-Ross