[CentOS] yum-proxy?

Lorenzo Quatrini lorenzo at gmk.it
Fri Feb 22 10:25:18 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I know there are very good reason not to use yet another "non standard"
package, and configuring squid to do the work or making a local mirror.
My feeling is that none of the "standard" solution is optimal for me, so I'm
triyn another way.
Http-replicator is small, and easy to setup. The patched version permits,
through regular expressions to choose what kind of files to keep in a "flat"
cache (where all the files with the same name are considered equal regardless
of the source site or mirror).
So I can select "RPM$" and/or "DEB$" and so on, and just tell yum/apt to use a
proxy.
I did some tests unpacking the  attached version and it looks working without
problems.
I'll attach the patch as well as the full patched package, because my friend
used a version which is no longer available on rpmforge.

Regards

Lorenzo