[CentOS] Logwatch showing entries for non existent services

Brian Lists at Tatorz.com
Wed Feb 27 00:12:11 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Hi,
> Maybe I don't understand Logwatch correctly. Doesn't it look for all possible services defined by the existence of the many service definitions, and if it finds a log, it reports it?
>
> This is the default behavior from what I gathered, my silly mistake was not cleaning the log file out after a service was removed.
>
> Thanks,
> jlc

I know even if you do not use sendmail logwatch will still report, This
is from
the logwatch.conf

<q>
Service = "-eximstats"      # Prevents execution of eximstats service, which
                                       # is a wrapper for the eximstats
program.
</q>

    It is on by default so not sure what your seeing.