[CentOS] Wireless DELL M90 with CentOS 5.1 - pb with key encryption

Thu Feb 7 11:16:01 UTC 2008
MOKRANI Rachid <Rachid.MOKRANI at ifp.fr>

Hi,

I have a laptop DELL M90 with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card.

I'm using centOS 5.1 kernel 2.6.18-53 i386.

I installed ndiswrapper v 1.52
I installed the driver http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R164255.EXE
The wireless-tools is v 28.2

When I trying to connect to my wireless access point with encryption key disabled everything work fine !!!!

When I enabled the encryption key on my wireless access point with à 128b WEP it's impossible to connect to it.

If I need to connect to the same wifi access with an ancryption key (WEP 128b) it's impossible :-( I receved the message that the laptop cannot get an IP Adress.

The same laptop under Windows can connect to the same wireless acces point with encryption key enable ou disable (WEP 128b)

The result when Encryption key is off and the laptop is connect.

[root at localhost ~]# iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:01:02:(change by me)
                    ESSID:"Borne Wifi"
                    Protocol:IEEE 802.11g
                    Mode:Managed
                    Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                    Quality:93/100  Signal level:-36 dBm  Noise level:-96 dBm
                    Encryption key:off
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s
                              11 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
                    Extra:bcn_int=100
                    Extra:atim=0

[root at localhost ~]#

[root at localhost ~]# iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"Borne Wifi"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 00:02:03:(change by me)
          Bit Rate:48 Mb/s
          RTS thr:1600 B   Fragment thr:1600 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:98/100  Signal level:-33 dBm  Noise level:-96 dBm

[root at localhost ~]#

Any help ?
Best Regards.

Ce message (et toutes ses pièces jointes éventuelles) est confidentiel et établi à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'IFP décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message.

This message and any attachments (the message) are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP should not be liable for this message.

Visitez notre site Web / Visit our web site : http://www.ifp.fr