[CentOS] FW: Memory Problem

Thu Feb 14 20:22:18 UTC 2008
Van Staden, Allan <AVanStaden at fnb.co.za>

I am sure this has been covered before, but I can find it in my
archives.

I loaded up a new server IBM x3650, 2x Intel dual core cpu's I installed
additional RAM to take it up to 7 gigs according to
http://www.centos.org/product.html#seven CentOS 5 x86 which I am using
supports up to 16gigs of RAM. Once I boot up CentOS only see's about
3.2Gigs of Ram.

I installed the kernel-PAE package and upgraded my kernel to
2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.

Searching on the web the suggestions are that I done the above, as I
have done to sort out my problem buy nothing seems to work.

Any help would be much appreciated

Allan

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.