[CentOS] Screen blacks b/w window changes

Fri Feb 15 00:15:12 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 15:08 -0500, Chris McDonald wrote:
> Is there a setting that can be changed that keeps the screen from going
> black when changing between?

I presume you mean switching between a virtual console and an X session,
or between multiple X sessions. AFAIK, it can't be prevented because the
video output to the display changes and the monitor takes a brief time
to re-sync.

When I have run multiple X sessions, even when the resoultion is the
same, the black screen stills appears for a second or two.

> <snip sig stuff>

But I'm not a hardware guy, so it could be FUD I'm spouting.

--
Bill