[CentOS] kickstart install NVIDIA binary driver

Fri Feb 8 16:18:36 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Jerry Geis wrote:

> however, How do I get the correct module path, kernels are
> added the the yum update, and a new one comes along and
> wish to account for that. What is the correct way to know
> which path to provide to the installer.

I'd suggest installing a copy of the driver on a test system,
build a list of files that the installer creates, then copying
those files in kickstart, or package it as a custom RPM(or
find an existing RPM). When a new kernel comes out, compile the
driver on a test system, and push the driver out with the new
kernel when you install the new kernel on your system(s). I
do this for a few things such as drivers for VMWare when a new
kernel comes out and updated qlogic drivers as well for my
HBAs.

nate