[CentOS] kickstart install NVIDIA binary driver

Fri Feb 8 19:13:13 UTC 2008
Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu>

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:12:16AM -0500, Jerry Geis alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wanting to add to my working kickstart post section
> grabbing the NVIDIA binary and installing it.
>
> I can grab the file thats not the problem. I can use the
> --x-module-path to pass to the binary installer...
>
> however, How do I get the correct module path, kernels are
> added the the yum update, and a new one comes along and
> wish to account for that. What is the correct way to know
> which path to provide to the installer.
>
> Process is in kickstart post:
> yum -u update
> copy NVIDIA binary
> init 3
> install the NVIDIA binary with either the current kernel module path
> or if yum update grabbed a new kernel then use that module path..

I wouldn't do this in %post, I'd write a script that did this at boot.  That
way, you don't have to worry about future kernel updates.

> Also is there anyway in the post section to do do a "CTRL+ALT+F3"

chvt 3