[CentOS] Migrating software raid from SUSE 9.0 to Centos 5 <SOLVED>

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Jan 7 19:39:54 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On
Behalf Of Les Mikesell
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 12:39 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Migrating software raid from SUSE 9.0 to Centos 5

> Dan Carl wrote:
>> I forgot to add the file system is riserfs.

If the partition type is FD, the kernel will autodetect and assemble it
at boot time.

> So you mean to tell me I just have to make sure reiserfs is installed,
then
> just mount like this in fstab
> /dev/md0             /home/tera           reiserfs   defaults
1
> 2
> #mount -a
> and bang everything in done?
> Something tells me it can't be that easy.

Before putting it in /etc/fstab, do a 'cat /proc/mdstat' to be sure that
   md0 really exists and includes the right underlying devices, but yes,
it should be that simple.

Dan Carl wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to follow-up
You're right it was that easy.