[CentOS] Fwd: Securing Linux laptops

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Tue Jan 8 19:00:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008, Marko A. Jennings wrote:
>On Tue, January 8, 2008 9:14 am, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
><snip>
>> So what options do we have for encrypting partitions.
><snip>
>
>I found this article helpful:
>http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/01/18/disk-encryption-in-fedora-past-present-and-future/

One could also set up a script that automatically sends an e-mail
message when the laptop boots, and perhaps periodic e-mails from
cron.  This could provide at least the IP address from which the
mail was sent which could help locate it.

Bill

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him.  -- Robert Heinlein