[CentOS] Re: Problem accessing my webmail

Jun Salen nokijun at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 11:11:27 UTC 2008

>I disable firewall and SELinux on mail server machine and the PIX firewall where the machine
>connects to outside world allow port 80 and 443 just as before but still the problem persist.
>I will try to up later the old machine and will check if the web mail becomes accessible and
>then restore the new machine (this is in production only) again. This is to see if DNS is the
>culprit, but I doubt it. Any more ideas guys? Sorry for the posting prior to this without the
>subject. Tsk tsk.Hi,

After trying to restore my old server today and test connecting to my webmail using http://, it also failed but connect using https:// was successful. Probably our PIX firewall has allowing connection to port 443 but not port 80. So in order to solve this, I reconfigure the mail server (Zimbra) to use mode "https" instead of "mixed". This solved my problem. The only way to access my webmail is through https but this was fine and is more secured. By the way, although I will be able to access our PIX, I do not have the guts in configuring it, to avoid problem since I do not know IOS yet.

Thanks,

junji
aisalen.wordpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162