[CentOS] HA software advice

Wed Jan 23 20:51:13 UTC 2008
Scott McClanahan <scott.mcclanahan at trnswrks.com>

We are in need of some very basic software that will give us the ability
to swing an ip address from one host to another during controlled
maintenance or host failure.  For now the IP address will be the only
resource that is shared and there will never be a need for shared
storage.  Eventually we may want to monitor processes for health
(probably just read in pid file) and it would be great if the
recommended software had this ability as well but not completely
necessary.  The process monitoring part is just me trying to think ahead
but it definitely wouldn't be needed in the near future.

Ideally, this should be light weight user land code that hopefully
already comes easily with the distribution :)

Any suggestions?  Thanks.