[CentOS] Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

Tue Jan 8 17:58:44 UTC 2008
Ben Mohilef <benm at dsl-only.net>

> Shortyl after installing 1.1.7 on my 5.0 (and even since 5.1), I
> noticed that every so often,
> seemingly at random, although it appears most frequently when I
> click on something that wants

I have also experienced this problem and characterized it briefly by
unscientific trial and error (FWIW). I found that whenever it dies it is trying
to open a new window per javascript ALERT or CONFIRM directives. This
happens intermittently and NONrepeatably on both 32 and 64 bit flavours of
5.1 and no other js commands seem to be related (including whether a
flash file is or is not being displayed). This started late last year. It was not
so much of a nusiance that I bothered to see what updates coincided with it
then and I would just be guessing if I looked back now.

The problem seems to lie in the code by which FF/SM open windows in
those two javascript commands.  I run Adblock, noscript, NViIDIA's
proprietary drivers, kde and permissive selinux.  Nothing of interest appears
in /var/log/<anything> or dmesg coincident with the failure.

regards,

benm