[CentOS] Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

Tue Jan 8 19:36:43 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Jan 8, 2008 12:33 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>
wrote:

> you mean seamonkey crashes, right? ie, all other seamonkey windows on
> the box close?

Can't say - I use the tabs and rarely ever have more than one SM window
open.

> I've been seeing that at home on a 32-bit centos 5 system... very
annoying!
> But I haven't noticed it on my 64-bit machine at work, where I use an
> x86_64 seamonkey (with nspluginwrapper for flash), straight rebuild of
> seamonkey-1.1.7-1.fc7.src.rpm.
>
> You might want to try that.

I've never been able to get the nspluginwrapper to work reliably for me,
which is why I run the 32-bit version of SM.

However, I have been asked by the Mozilla folks to run their L&G nightly
built (alpha) version, which I am at the moment, and so far so good.
Hopefully this will crash at some point and produce a
report/dump/log/whatever that they can use to isolate the problem.

In the mean time, who knows?  It only bites about once a day, at random,
usually at the worst possible moment.

I'll post whatever results I find, hopefully soon and good.

Thanks.

mhr