[CentOS] centos 5.0/5.1 nfs kickstart

Tue Jan 29 15:52:50 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Adam Miller wrote:

> Are there any known issues with kickstarting over nfs with jumbo frames?

Is the system your kickstarting configured with jumbo frames? Last I checked
I didn't see an option to enable jumbo frames during kickstart.

If not, are you able to force TCP for NFS? UDP doesn't have MTU
discovery as far as I know, so traffic will likey fail.

Any reason not to use HTTP for kickstart? Faster, simpler, runs
over TCP..

On my networks I only run jumbo frames on dedicated interfaces and
VLANs, not on the main network, causes too many compatibility problems
otherwise. Curious why your using a MTU of 4500? Seems like an unusual
number, common MTU for jumbo is 9000.

nate