[CentOS] rsync and swapping

Wed Jan 30 18:46:17 UTC 2008
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 1:36 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>  As long as the majority of the files are not plain text - I have had
>  really bad results using bzip2 on text files - specifically, massive
>  file corruption.  I have had to go back to pre-bzipped archives to
>  rebuild these files - not a fun task.
>
>  I'd go with cpio if rsync causes problems.  YMMV.
>  mhr

I once knew a guy who bought a really cheap PC with an AMD CPU in it.
Despite the fact that the power supply was underpowered, and
everything else on the machine was just as cheap as possible, he
blamed the AMD chip for all of the problems the PC had.  To this day
he refuses to buy AMD CPUs, "because they don't work right" -- despite
the fact that millions of people use bzip2^H^H^H^H^H AMD chips every
day without any problem at all.