[CentOS] Want to _prevent_ upgrade to centos 5.2

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:37:40 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> CentOS-5 is the real version ... 5.2 is just a point in time set of
> updates for CentOS-5.  Understand that if you had RHEL-5 and ran an
> update, it would also update you to the same packages.  What this means
> is that 5.2 is just an update set for CentOS-5 .. not really a new version.

I think the firefox/OOo version jumps are the surprises here.  We've
come to expect boring consistency with few feature changes across minor
updates.  I think it is a great thing for the desktop apps to change
faster than the base os and server apps, but it seems like an upstream
policy change especially for the big jump in firefox.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com