[CentOS] "installation method" (CentOS 5.2)

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Mon Jul 7 12:20:24 UTC 2008

Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
> I don't understand how DRAC works.  I download the iso image to the
> harddrive of my PC, connect to the DRAC using a webbrowser (over
> https), and select to serve that iso image as a virtual CD-ROM.
> I once tried to serve an iso image to a system that was already
> installed, hoping to be able to use it on the system, but I never
> found out to what device file it got connected.

I don't know DRAC, but on other machines (HP's ILO and IBM's
RSA) your .iso image appears on the server as a USB CDROM
drive.

If you know that 5.1 used to work, I would go for that.

Or you could PXE boot the installation over the network.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk