[CentOS] Problem with Bonding Driver

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:51:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I configure bonding interfaces a bit differently.

I put only this line into /etc/modprobe.conf :

alias bond0 bonding

And use this in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bondX :

DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=192.168.100.1
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=1 primary=eth0"

I've got setup running like this in mode 1 (failover) and in mode 4
(LACP). Unfortunately I don't have any systems with more then 1 bond
and I don't have anything spare to set this up. But you can try your
setup using this way to configure it, maybe that helps.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83