[CentOS] Re: Problem with Bonding Driver

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 21:09:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Art Age Software <artagesw at gmail.com> wrote:
> That works! I did not realize that the Red Hat network scripts have
> support for bonding options. (I did not find this documented
> anywhere.) But sure enough, I am able to set up a different primary
> interface for each bond using this method.

Very interesting.

Looking under the hood, it's actually handled by the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth script, which writes the
values to the pseudo-files under /sys/class/net/bondX/bonding/, so
there you go, another way to change that dinamically without having to
restart the interface. Would you be kind to see if you can change the
primary "on-the-fly" using this method?

Thanks,
Filipe