[CentOS] Kernel is not compiled with IPv6 support?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 10 23:40:59 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Since I was SSHed into the boxes, I could not test ifconfig (down then
>> up!).
>>

> Just so you know, you can do this type of thing even with SSH.
> (I don't know what would of helped that situation, but for future ref...)
>
> #echo ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 | at now

Oh, neat. Didn't know how to do down and up in one command line without
writing a script.

> through ssh will work fine, and you will still be connected after :)

Not any real difference from doing a service network restart. When your
interface goes down, SSH just waits until the interface comes up, and
then you get all the messages that occurred between those two events. I
am going to have to note this command for future use (it is kind of like
an ifbounce command :) ).