[CentOS] Kernel is not compiled with IPv6 support?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 01:18:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> # echo ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 | at now

What you probably mean is:
# echo "ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0" | at now

Otherwise it will run "echo", and then it will run "ifup eth0" piping
its output to "at".

I don't see what's the problem with just running this on the shell:
# ifdown eth0; ifup eth0

I haven't tested it (no machine where I can do that from here), but it
should work. In any case, I always use the ol' good "service network
restart", and so far it has always worked great for me.

HTH,
Filipe