[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Jul 12 00:57:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 09:05 +0930, Ian Blackwell wrote:

> >> Question: Awhile ago, I got into the configuration settings for our
> >> ZTE ADSL Modem.
> >> For the change to me having my own Caching DNS Server, in the settings
> >> for the ADSL modem at this time, using the DNS servers at our ISP:
> >> Primary DNS Server       200.29.104.22
> >> Secondary DNS Server     200.29.96.22
> >>
> These are the number I would enter into the IPCop setup screen for DNS
> and Gateway.  My gateway value is the IP address of my ADSL modem.

Unless your IPCop box is assigned a dynamic IP address? In that case,
IIUC the DHCP server from the ISP/modem setup will provide the primary
and secondary servers. I know they can be overridden if you massage the
files though. But then if the ISP reassigns the servers' IP addresses
you'll have to massage again - after the angst of it not working and you
having to figure out that's what happened.

--
Bill