[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Mon Jul 14 00:29:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Ian Blackwell <ian at ikel.id.au> wrote:
<snip>
> My understanding is that IPCop provides a Caching DNS Proxy, not a Caching
> Name Server.  Being a proxy means it forwards any queries that it can't
> answer from it's own cache to full DNS Servers (caching or not).

I suspect you are correct, that it is a DNS Proxy and not a DNS
Server. I googled
site:ipcop.org caching+DNS+server and I see things that refer to DNS
Server and also
things that refer to DNS Proxy.

In the IPCop Administrative Manual, it says, "As well as Caching DNS
information from the Internet,
the DNS proxy on IPCop........."

As I wrote a few minutes ago, the next time I hook up that IPCop box,
I will follow the instructions on opendns.com and see what happens.