[CentOS] Re: so many problem CENTOS 5.2 with DELL servers????

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jul 14 19:37:39 UTC 2008

on 7-14-2008 12:24 PM mcclnx mcc spake the following:
>  I have been installed CENTOS 5.2 on several DELL servers and have
> following problems (even latest patches apply):
>

> 1. DELL 2650 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode
>

> 2. DELL R900 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode (inifinite boot loop)
>

> 3. DELL R900 with 128 GB RAM can only see 15 GB RAM under CENTOS 5.2 Xen
> mode
>

> Anyone know why?  IS CENTOS 5.2 certify with DELL server?
>

> Does CENTOS 5.1 have similiar problem or NOT?
>

> Thanks.

Did you try a 64 bit install?

Do you have to turn on PAE in the bios on those servers? I have HP servers
that you have to enable PAE or it doesn't work.

And CentOS isn't really "certified" with anything. Free distros don't usually
pay to be certified. But if it is listed to work on RedHat Enterprise Linux
5.2 then CentOS should also work.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and