[CentOS] so many problem CENTOS 5.2 with DELL servers????

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 14 20:10:15 UTC 2008

mcclnx mcc wrote:
>  I have been installed CENTOS 5.2 on several DELL servers and have following problems (even latest patches apply):
>
> 1. DELL 2650 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode

Did you install the PAE kernel and are you booting the PAE kernel?

> 2. DELL R900 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode (inifinite boot loop)

Same as question 1.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Virtualization_Guide/ch-virt-hw-support.html

> Anyone know why?  IS CENTOS 5.2 certify with DELL server?

As others have stated, CentOS does not certify with any places that
would cost money.  That is how you get it for free.

> Does CENTOS 5.1 have similiar problem or NOT?

I don't think there will be any difference