[CentOS] configuration request

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Fri Jul 18 19:04:49 UTC 2008

I've apparently gotten myself into somewhat of a bind.  I've been trying
to exclude various packages from the different repos, and while I
*think* I've gotten a working configuration again, it it still pulling
stuff in that I have excluded I think in the right repos, but things I
have no use for whatsoever.  Items like kernel-hugemem-devel,
kernel-hugemem, and anything involving kernel development.  I run a
stock kernel and am not doing any building of any kind at this point.
The machine is an i-686 machine, and a single processor.  I'd be very
much appreciative if someone could send me,, or post a proper repo
config that points to the various exclude lines to get rid of some of
the unnecessary files.  It's taken me about 2 hours of modifying stuff
to finally get a yum repo config to make it all the way thru.  Also, can
I perhaps just yum erase some of the software I never use, like
seamonkey and probably others so it does not even have to look for
updates for those packages?  Would that be the proper way to eliminate
the fluff?

Any type of help here would be great!

Thanking you in advance,

Sam