[CentOS] Load Average ~0.40 when idle

listmail listmail at entertech.com
Sat Jul 19 21:50:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:58:15 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote

Thanks, Mark. I have done all of that. There was a dictionary attack a few
days ago, but there is no activity now. Since this is a new machine that
I am just burning in, I am tempted to reinstall from scratch in case the
machine somehow got hacked during burn-in. I don't see any stuck processes,
or any other clues. I have an identical machine running a slightly older
version of the kernel (CentOS 5.0 - 2.6.18.53.1.14.el5) that does not
exhibit this problem, so I am a bit suspicious. Has anyone else noticed
anything like this?

Thanks,
--Bill