[CentOS] Load Average ~0.40 when idle

listmail listmail at entertech.com
Sat Jul 19 22:14:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:50:18 -0700, listmail wrote
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:58:15 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote

Replying to my own post as a follow-up. I just checked another machine that
I am burning in with CentOS 5.2, and it has the same problem: load average
~0.4 when idle. Both of these machines have Supermicro X7DBN motherboards,
but one is running a single quad-core CPU (Intel Xeon) and the other is
running two dual-core CPUs (Intel Xeon). Anyone else seeing anything like
this?

Thanks,
--Bill