[CentOS] screen detatch

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Jul 22 18:33:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 18:07 +0100, Luciano Rocha wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 01:02:07PM -0400, David Mackintosh wrote:
> > The man page for screen says that I can create a detatched screen
> > running with a set command in it by doing this:
> >
> > $ screen -dm $command
> >
> > However, it doesn't work.  Screen exits without creating the detached
> > screen.
>
> screen -dm isn't the same as screen -d -m. Try the latter.

Just an FYI...

You *may* be right, however...

"Standards" dictate that "flags" can be combined into a single
parameter. This is "eased" (debatable IMO) by the "getopts" function in
bash, getopt(1) command and getopt(3) function call for C et al.

Unfortunately, *some* few programs do not implement this correctly. But
over the years, as programs have been "cleaned up" and replaced, their
number has (thankfully) diminished.

> <snip sig stuff>

I note the OP has solved it.

--