[CentOS] Re: 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

Milt Mallory milt at topix.net
Fri Jul 25 17:39:07 UTC 2008

What SCSI controller are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Tim Nelson
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:05 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Re: 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

I'll second that... we recently put a system online with over 3TB of
storage. The only way to create a storage medium that large was to use a
gpt disk label and use parted to do the partitioning. mkfs had no
problems formatting the partition and it's been working properly for
quite some time now.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.