[CentOS] 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

Marcelo Roccasalva marcelo-centos at irrigacion.gov.ar
Fri Jul 25 13:26:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 at 6:42pm, Milt Mallory wrote
>
>> I have an Infortrend RAID box I'd like to see as one big 6TB partition,
>> but I only can get 2.2TB partitions to work. I was trying to do this
>> with an Adaptec controller but apparently they are only (any of them) 48
>> bits wide. Does anybody have a working system for SCSI/Centos over
>> 2.2TB?
>
> Are you using gpt disk labels and parted (rather than fdisk) to do your
> partitioning?

You can't install centos (or redhat) over a gpt partition (unless
itanium platform) and there is a big chance your bios won't boot such
installation. I came with 2 solutions: if disk access performance
isn't important (as for backup), I do software raid; or I install two
little raid1 disks for the OS and then I use GPT or LVM on the
multi-tera raid of big disks.

--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que ésta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que
de vida?" (Mafalda)